Magnetic Particle Clutches and Brakes
MPB/MPC Series | POB/PO Series | PMC Series | PHC-R SeriesSelf-contained magnetic particle clutches and brakes for a wide range of unwind/ rewind applications offer smooth operation at very low speed and electronic control compatibility.
- Torque range from 2 lb.in. through 578 lb.ft.
- Shaft or flange mounting
- Fan cooled in largest sizes.
Accurate torque control with instantaneous engagement!
Warner Electric Precision Tork magnetic particle clutches and brakes are unique because of the wide operating torque range available. Torque to current is almost linear and can be controlled very accurately. The unique features of the magnetic particle clutches and brakes make them ideal for tension control, load simulation, cycling/indexing, and soft starts and stops.
- Torque independent of slip speed - Torque is transmitted through magnetic particle chains which are formed by an electromagnetic field. The torque is independent of slip speed, depending only on circuit current, and is infinitely variable from 0 (disengaged) to rated torque.
- Precise engagement - Precision Tork magnetic particle clutches and brakes engage to transmit torque with speed and precision. Response of the particles to the field is virtually instantaneous, providing perfectly controlled, jerk-free engagement.
- Customer specified engagement - Engagement time may be very gradual or extremely fast. The frequency and torque of the engagement/disengagement sequence is limited only by the capabilities of the control circuitry.
- No wearing parts - There are no friction surfaces to grab or wear, and the units are not affected by changes in atmospheric or other environmental conditions.
- Efficient/Compact design - High torque to size ratio and low consumption of electric power.
- Versatile mounting - Convenient bolt circle for easy mounting. Mounting brackets available for all sizes. Brakes are available with solid shafts and through bore. Only horizontal mounting is recommended.
- Distributor Item - Off the shelf availability. Interchangeable with industry standard sizes.