Commercial Magstop Clutch/Brake
The MagStop clutch/brakes combine an electric friction clutch with a permanent magnet brake. Electric current applied to the clutch coil draws the armature to the rotating rotor, engaging the clutch and rotating the blade through the pulley. Stopping current flow to the coil causes the armature leaf springs to pull the backside of the armature (which acts as the braking surface) into contact with the permanent magnet braking surfaces so the braking torque generated by those magnets can stop the blade within three to seven seconds, depending on the application.
Commercial MagStop clutch/brakes for heavy-duty mowers for large grounds maintenance requirements. Rugged design for continuous duty, long life, and two frame sizes.
- Permanent Magnet Braking System
- Proven application through 37 HP / 96" decks
- 60–250 lb.ft. nominal static torque, depending on the model
- Preassembled — one piece for quick installation
- “D” drive mounting system provides means for crankshaft restraint while tightening mounting bolt to proper torque
- Integral key
- Maintenance-free — no adjustment
- Zinc/clear dichromate plating enhances corrosion protection and product appearance