Aerial Platform Lifts
Electrically Released Brakes
ERD Series Brakes provide dynamic braking with reliable, fast response…
The Warner Electric line of electrically released, dynamic, spring-set brakes (ERD) offers a high-performance, cost effective solution for power-off load holding applications.
These brakes (ERD) are typically applied where dynamic stopping of the load is desired when the electrical power is either accidentally or intentionally removed. They may be applied in any dry environment where a dependable heavy duty braking action is required, with no residual torque in the disengaged position.
- 8 different sizes ranging from 3.3 inches to 9.9 inches in diameter
- Torque capacities from 4 to 220 lb.ft.
- Dynamic friction material can stop loads from motor speeds up to 3600 RPM.
- Few moving parts means quiet operation.
- Lead and asbestos free, dynamic friction material is suited for high cycle rates.
- Variety of voltages available.
- Simple DC control (or AC with available rectifiers).
- Low power requirements for energy savings.
- Bi-directional stopping capability.
- Epoxy encapsulated coil for uniform heat transfer.
- Corrosion resistant
- Low inertia rotating parts.
- Splined hub for quiet dependable operation.
- Metric and inch standard bore sizes.
- These units are typically mounted horizontally, but vertical installations are also acceptable.
- The initial operating Air Gap is factory set with provisions for wear adjustment after dynamic use.
- UL approved.
- An optional manual release allows the operator to safely move the load even when no power is available.